EFP Eminence in Periodontology Award
The Eminence in Periodontology Award is given in recognition of outstanding service to the EFP and contributions to the understanding of the field of periodontology and the diagnosis and treatment of periodontal diseases.
The recipient receives a pin and certificate of recognition.
- Nominees must have made significant contributions to the EFP and to the field of periodontology in more than one area.
- Contributions must have been made over a period of 20 years or more.
- Services may include, but are not limited to, predoctoral or postdoctoral education, committee activity, or continuing education or contributions to the literature.
- Nominees should have held leadership positions in the EFP, including service on the Board of the EFP and leadership positions in committees
- Nominees must be members of one of the national associations of periodontology of the EFP.
- Members of the EFP award selection committee are not eligible.
Previous recipients are not eligible.
Nominations and Selection Process
- Nominations should have the official support of the national society. Submission deadline is 1st September, see 'Nomination and Selection Process' below.
- The EFP nomination committee submits up to three nominees with appropriate supporting material to the fall meeting of the Executive Committee of the EFP.
- The Executive Committee votes to select the recipient.
The award is presented at the meeting of the General Assembly of the EFP.
Nomination and Selection Process
The members of one of the national associations of periodontology of the EFP are encouraged to nominate colleagues for these prestigious awards.
- You must complete a nomination form. For each nomination, please complete either the Word or the PDF version of the form, which you may complete on your computer and then e-mail to the EFP.
- You, the nominator, must provide a general statement on the nominee's qualifications. A nominee's achievements must match the award criteria.
- EFP will notify award recipients.
- Nominations for the EFP Distinguished Scientist Award will be forwarded to the EFP nomination committee. The committee will review all nominations and submit recommendations to the Executive Committee of the EFP, which will select the recipients.
- Award recipients are announced following the fall meeting of the Executive Committee. The awards will be presented during the spring meeting of the General Assembly the following year.
- Award recipients will receive 2 days hotel accommodation and travelling costs. They are also invited to participate in the dinner following the meeting of the General Assembly.
- Award recipients are invited to attend EuroPerio meetings free of charge.
How to submit
You may submit as many nominations as you like to:
About the EFP
2-5 June 2021