EuroPerio9 Media Policy
EuroPerio9 aims to be a reliable source of information for media, and journalists are welcome to cover the meeting.
Journalists who wish to attend EuroPerio9 must present a valid press card and a letter of assignment issued by recognised:
- Journals, magazines, newspapers (trade and mainstream)
- News agencies or newswire services
- Broadcast media
- Online media
- Information officers of academic institutions, scientific societies, registered medical research charities or patient advocacy groups may request a Press badge, provided they plan to prepare and publish a report from EuroPerio9. A copy of the report from previous meetings should be forwarded together with the media registration request.
- Freelance journalists are required to submit an official letter of assignment and two by-lined medical/health/science articles recently published.
- Companies or organisations producing publications, videos and other products intended for educational purposes (without a commercial component) may request a Press badge for their editor.
- Photographers or camera-crew members accompanying approved media representatives may obtain a Press badge provided they fulfill the media registration form criteria but they will not have access to embargoed material.
The following are NOT entitled to receive a Press badge but are welcome to register as regular participants:
- Public relations agencies
- Advertising, communications and media agencies
- Sales and marketing representatives
- Financial analysts
- Pharmaceutical companies
Media representatives must register for EuroPerio9 using the online form:
The form asks for a copy of the press card and letter of assignment to be sent by email, the email address will be sent to you when you register.
The EuroPerio9 Press Office reserves the right to withhold approval of press registration if the applicant does not satisfy the criteria for press registration or if the media registration form is sent without the requested supporting documents.
The EuroPerio9 Press Office reserves the right to bar from the congress any person who provides false information about their affiliation or credentials.
Advance Press registration is strongly recommended!
Press members who have pre-registered but are unable to attend the meeting are kindly requested to inform the Press Office as soon as possible.
Access and facilities
The Press badge entitles the holder to:
- Access the EuroPerio9 Press Working Room
- Attend EuroPerio9 press conferences
- Attend all sessions in the official Congress programme
- Access Congress webcasts and slides
The EuroPerio9 Press Centre (working room equipped with internet access, printers, catering and other facilities, private interview room and press conference room) is open only to registered members of the working press. Identification will be required.
Photography and Filming
Filming outside of the Press Centre is subject to authorisation by the Press Office. A written request must be sent two weeks in advance to the EFP Press Office. Requests will be approved on a case-by-case basis.
Video recording of Congress sessions without authorisation is prohibited.
Photographing during sessions is NOT allowed, unless the Press Office and the presenter have given written agreement.
The EuroPerio9 and EFP logos are the property of the EFP and are protected by trademarks. They should not be used, reproduced or associated with any event, article, website or press release without prior approval by the EFP. Please contact the Press Office for any request.
The EFP does not make its press database available to anyone.
Each press release will include detailed embargo information. Journalists are required to respect embargoes as indicated on each document.
EuroPerio9 organisers reserve the right to exclude any entity or person that fails to adhere to this policy from the meeting, at its own complete cost, and from any future event.
For enquiries, please contact:
EuroPerio9 Press Office
Tel: +336 2314 5784