1st EFP Photo Contest
To all Members of the EFP National Societies,
We know that there are many talented dental professionals among you who are also very talented dental photographers. To honour your skills, the EFP has decided to launch its 1st EFP Photo Contest. We invite you to submit your works and use this chance to showcase them at EuroPerio9, June 20-23 2018 in Amsterdam.
This is how you can participate:
- Submit your photos to your national society via email (you must be a member of your national society)
- Register for EuroPerio9 in Amsterdam
All submissions must be on dental subjects and match one of the following categories:
- healthy gums / healthy life
- dental disease
- extreme / freestyle
Participants may submit multiple photographs.
Deadline: February 26, 2018
From all submissions, your national society will make a pre-selection which is then presented at EuroPerio9 in Amsterdam. Winners will be notified within March 2018. Your peers onsite at EuroPerio9 in Amsterdam will choose one overall winner per category, an expert jury will award one Jury Prize.
All national category winners will receive:
- the opportunity to have their photos published and credited wherever possible, in upcoming EFP publications
- the opportunity to have their works exhibited at EuroPerio9
- EFP Photo Contest honorary certificate
In addition, category winners and jury winner will receive a special trophy.
Scroll down for contest rules, terms and conditions
Please note: Submissions are handled exclusively by your national society. They will be able to inform you about how to do it.
The participating societies are those of: Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Lithuania, Morocco, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom.
- As the EFP Photo Contest is organised by the EFP, only members of participating EFP Member Societies listed above may submit a photo. If your national society is not listed above, it may not be participating.
- If your photo is shortlisted as a national winner, you must be registered for EuroPerio9 in Amsterdam for your photo to be considered in the finals.
- images should be submitted in JPEG (jpg or jpeg) format.
- images should be no smaller than 1MB and no larger than 5MB. All images must be saved in the RGB colour model. All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image suitable for printing in exhibitions should the image be required.
- images should be accompanied by:
Name of submitter
Name of category (see above)
Location of the photo
Description of the photo contents - suitable for use as a caption
Size in pixels of the source of the image - should you need to reduce or compress the image for submission, you may be asked for the source image which you will be required to provide.
- By submitting the photo, you grant:
- Permission for your entry to be published on EFP website including but not limited to efp.org and on any social media account controlled by EFP, including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter accounts, and you grant EFP a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual licence (with a right to sub-license) to use, republish, edit and/or modify your photo in any/all media (including in electronic format, hard copy and in EFP publications).
- Permission for your entry to be used in publication of your own National Society for abovementioned purposes.
- Permission for some of your personal details (specifically full name, country of origin and member society) to be used in relation to your entry in abovementioned EFP publications and publications of your National Society.
- You understand that the EFP and your National Society will credit your photo to you wherever possible but that some publications may not permit credit lines due to formal restrictions.
- By submitting the photo, you warrant that:
- You own the copyright to your entry as its author. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trade marks, and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties.
- Each person depicted in the entry has granted permission to be portrayed as shown and that their photo may be used by the EFP for the purposes of promoting periodontal health. You are able to present evidence of this permission to the EFP upon request.
Non-compliance with these rules may result in disqualification.