1st EFP Photo Contest
Thank you for all photo submissions to your national societies!
The national winners have been informed about next steps and the procedures of the photo contest finals during EuroPerio9.
The overall winner in each category will be determined via audience vote at EuroPerio9 in Amsterdam. Visit the Photo Zone located between the EFP Village and the Poster Lounge to view all submitted images in high resolution before choosing your favourite. Furthermore, an EFP specialist jury will elect a Price of the Jury. The award ceremony will take place on Friday, June 22 at RAI Amsterdam.
The participating societies are those of: Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Lithuania, Morocco, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom.
Questions & Answers for Finalists
I have been selected as a category winner by my national society. Will I receive an award?
National nominees will receive an honorary certificate, which will be emailed to them after EuroPerio9. They will also receive the opportunity to have their works published and credited (wherever possible) in upcoming EFP publications. Please send us your Instagram handle so we can also credit you on Social Media. National nominees will also participate in the audience vote at EuroPerio9, for which purpose the images will be publicly displayed at the congress. However, only winners of the audience and EFP jury votes will receive a physical award.
What happens if I’m not registered for EuroPerio9?
In order for photos to be considered in the finals, authors need to be present. If you aren’t registered for EuroPerio9, your photo submission will be withdrawn from the finals.
What if I’m registered for EuroPerio9 but cannot attend the congress due to personal reasons?
If you are registered for EuroPerio9 but cannot attend due to reasons outside your control, your photo may still enter the finals and your certificate be emailed to you after the congress.
Do I have to be present during the whole congress?
No, but we expect all nominees to be present at the awards ceremony in case they should be among the overall winners.
What if I’m present at EuroPerio9 but have to leave before the award ceremony?
We request all nominees to attend the award ceremony. Should you be unable to attend the ceremony due to reasons outside your control, your award may be posted to your address. Please advise us in due course.
Will I receive free registration, accommodation or travel cost?
We offer all national nominees a discounted registration fee if they register before a certain date. After this date, the standard fees apply. Nominees are responsible to arrange and pay for their own travel and accommodation.
Can I withdraw my submission?
Yes, you may withdraw your submission at any time.
- As the EFP Photo Contest is organised by the EFP, only members of participating EFP Member Societies listed above may submit a photo. If your national society is not listed above, it may not be participating.
- If your photo is shortlisted as a national winner, you must be registered for EuroPerio9 in Amsterdam for your photo to be considered in the finals.
- images should be submitted in JPEG (jpg or jpeg) format.
- images should be no smaller than 1MB and no larger than 5MB. All images must be saved in the RGB colour model. All entrants must be able to supply a high resolution image suitable for printing in exhibitions should the image be required.
- images should be accompanied by:
Name of submitter
Name of category (see above)
Location of the photo
Description of the photo contents - suitable for use as a caption
Size in pixels of the source of the image - should you need to reduce or compress the image for submission, you may be asked for the source image which you will be required to provide.
- By submitting the photo, you grant:
- Permission for your entry to be published on EFP website including but not limited to efp.org and on any social media account controlled by EFP, including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter accounts, and you grant EFP a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual licence (with a right to sub-license) to use, republish, edit and/or modify your photo in any/all media (including in electronic format, hard copy and in EFP publications).
- Permission for your entry to be used in publication of your own National Society for abovementioned purposes.
- Permission for some of your personal details (specifically full name, country of origin and member society) to be used in relation to your entry in abovementioned EFP publications and publications of your National Society.
- You understand that the EFP and your National Society will credit your photo to you wherever possible but that some publications may not permit credit lines due to formal restrictions.
- By submitting the photo, you warrant that:
- You own the copyright to your entry as its author. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trade marks, and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties.
- Each person depicted in the entry has granted permission to be portrayed as shown and that their photo may be used by the EFP for the purposes of promoting periodontal health. You are able to present evidence of this permission to the EFP upon request.
Non-compliance with these rules may result in disqualification.