Find below the abstract submission guidelines. You may also download them as pdf here:
Types & Structure
Abstracts should be of no more than 300 words.
Submitters can indicate whether they prefer an oral presentation or poster presentation, however the final decision will be taken by the EuroPerio9 Scientific Committee.
You can either choose between a Research presentation or Clinical report presentation.
The structure of the abstract depends on the type you choose:
- Research presentation
- Structure: Background & Aim, Methods, Results, Conclusions
- Clinical report presentation
- A clinical report presentation should describe novel clinical techniques, case reports or case series.
- It should contain a short statement of the background, followed by description of the clinical procedure and description of outcomes.
Tips for abstracts: All abstracts will be reviewed by a panel of expert referees. For research presentations particularly, please ensure you include some data from your results. Statements such as “the results of the study will be discussed” will not be accepted.
One table per abstract is allowed.
No figures and videos can be uploaded in the abstract submission process.
A link to the online abstract submission platform will be published here on September 25th 2017.
Submitters can choose one of the following topics:
- Aetiology and Pathogenesis
- Diagnosis and Risk Factors
- Periodontal Therapy
- Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory therapies
- Periodontal regeneration
- Periodontal Medicine
- Periodontal plastic surgery
- Implant Dentistry
- Basic Implant Dentistry
- Diagnosis and risk factors in implant therapy
- Implant therapy (surgical and restorative protocols)
- Bone regeneration therapies
- Peri-implant Diseases
- Approximately 10% of the submitted abstracts will be selected for oral presentation and are to be presented in one of the research sessions.
- The main mode of poster presentation of abstracts will be by electronic poster presentation. The best electronic posters will be selected and will also be presented in one of the dedicated E-Poster discussion sessions. Please indicate if you are happy to participate in a poster discussion session if selected.
- Abstract presenters may embed videos in their oral presentation or electronic poster
Note: Only one abstract for each presenting author is allowed.
|Monday, September 25, 2017||Call for Abstracts|
|Tuesday, November 28, 2017||Abstract submission deadline|
|Wednesday, February 28, 2018||Notification deadline|
|Wednesday, March 14, 2018||Registration deadline for abstract presenters|
You are required to indicate whether you have received a significant financial interest, consultancy or other relationship with products, manufacturer(s) of products or providers of services or financial support related to this abstract. If yes, the conflict of interest/relationship needs to be reported in the abstract submission process.
The completion of the following affirmations is mandatory in order to submit your abstract:
- I understand that if this abstract is accepted, EuroPerio9 will hold the copyright.
- I have received the permission of all authors to sign and provide a copyright transfer agreement which transfers copyright to the EFP.
- By submitting an abstract on this web site, you represent that you own or otherwise have rights to the written summaries of research or observations ("Abstract") provided by you to EuroPerio9 (hereafter EP9), utilizing this site.
- In case of unsuccessfully applying for oral presentation I will accept a poster communication.
- I affirm that if this abstract is accepted as a Poster presentation, it will be submitted and presented as an e-poster following the general rules of electronic poster format preparation.
- I affirm that if this abstract is accepted for Poster or Oral presentation, at least one of the authors will register for EuroPerio9 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands by the given deadline (March 14, 2018).
- For experimental clinical studies and animal studies, I certify that the study has been approved by an appropriate Institutional Research Board/ Research Ethics Committee.
- This abstract contains work that is original and has not been previously published in a journal.