General Chair Guidelines
- Be in the session room 15-30 minutes prior to the start of the session
- The room attendant will inform you of any last-minute changes or presentations not uploaded
- In case you have any questions or technical problems feel free to ask the room attendant.
- He/she is responsible for
- explaining the Q&A tools to you
- inform you about remote & onsite speakers
- help you with any additional questions
Q&A and voting tools
- The guidelines for the Q&A and voting tools can be found in printed form on your chairman table and you can download them below.
- The room attendants are available for any question you might have regarding the tools
Introducing the session and the presenters
- Please start the session exactly on time.
- Please introduce each presentation by reading the title of the presentation and the name of the presenter
Include the virtual audience
- Make sure to include the whole audience. As EuroPerio is a hybrid congress always greet people in front of their screens as well by saying something like "welcome to everyone at home we are happy that you tuned in".
- To make hybrid a success we strongly encourage you to address people at home regularly and encourage them to send in their questions via the app
- The speaking times have to be strictly followed. There will be a timekeeper to help you with this task.
- It is the chairperson's responsibility to observe them and inform the onsite speakers in case they exceed the time limit. If the speaker runs overtime, no questions can be admitted.
It is important to avoid any delay and time overrun. Breaks are not meant to be buffers but are important for delegates, speakers and chairpersons to get the chance to network with exhibitors. Furthermore, e-Poster sessions take place during coffee breaks, sponsored workshops during lunch breaks. Finishing the session on time is therefore crucial.
- You as chairperson are asked to moderate the discussion after the presentations.
- After each presentation you have time for a few questions
- Please mix your own questions and the questions from the audience
- Make sure to always prepare at least one question for the presenter
Closing the session
- Have a look at the programme and make sure to announce the upcoming scientific & industry sessions (industry workshops, Poster discussions during breaks).
Technical problems might arise even though the equipment and all connections have been tested thoroughly: Do not hesitate to address the room attendant to communicate (and translate) to the respective technician(s). Note that there might be several technicians in the room with different responsibilities (sound, light, video, data) and the room attendant will know whom to address depending on the nature of technical problem.
Conflict of Interest
EuroPerio10 is committed avoiding potential conflicts of interest: any financial relationship between the chairperson and a company manufacturing or distributing a product must be disclosed and openly shared at the beginning of the session by the chairperson.