The final slots have now been filled in the high-quality line-up of speakers for the EFP’s International Perio Master Clinic 2022 which takes place in León, Mexico in February next year.
Twenty-five expert clinicians from 14 countries will share their knowledge on current and future challenges in hard- and soft-tissue reconstructions around teeth and dental implants at the event.
The aim of International Perio Master Clinic 2022, which takes place on February 25 and 26, is to present innovative clinical techniques that are based on sound scientific principles in periodontology and implant dentistry.
After an introduction by congress chair Alejandro García (Mexico) and scientific chair Anton Sculean (Switzerland), there will be nine sessions focusing on different aspects of clinical practice related to tissue reconstruction:
1. Concepts in intrabony defects, moderated by Anton Sculean (Switzerland) and Chris R. Richardson (USA):
- Giulio Rasperini (Italy): Periodontal regeneration in intrabony defects: an evidence-based approach.
- Andreas Stavropoulos (Sweden): Combination approaches and long-term results.
2. Reconstructive concepts in furcation defects (moderator to be confirmed):
- Søren Jepsen (Germany): Periodontal regeneration in furcation: an evidence-based approach.
- Filippo Graziani (Italy): Periodontal regeneration in furcation: clinical applications.
3. Soft-tissue defects around natural teeth, moderated by Phoebus Madianos (Greece):
- Giovanni Zucchelli (Italy): Coverage of single and multiple recessions in the maxillary area.
- Anton Sculean (Switzerland): Coverage of single and multiple recessions in the mandibular area.
- Karin Jepsen (Germany): Autogenous tissue versus soft-tissue replacement grafts?
4. Novel concepts: outlook for the future, moderated by Alpdogan Kantarci:
- Darko Bozic (Croatia): Combined periodontal and bone regeneration.
- Peter Windisch (Hungary): Combined periodontal regeneration and vertical augmentation.
- Lior Shapira (Israel): Bone regeneration in the digital era.
5. Regenerative surgery versus extraction implant placement, interactive case presentation moderated by Mariano Sanz (Spain):
- Moshe Goldstein (Israel): Case presentation.
- Discussion with panellists Phoebus Madianos (Greece), Andreas Stavropoulos (Sweden), France Lambert (Belgium).
6. Socket grafting, moderated by Salvador Robles (Mexico)
- Nikos Mardas (UK): Hard-tissue grafting.
- Moshe Goldstein (Israel): Soft-tissue grafting.
7. Ridge augmentation, moderated by Andreas Stavropoulos (Sweden):
- Alexandra Rendón (Mexico): Tissue augmentation and aesthetic implant placement.
- Nikos Donos (UK): Concepts for lateral augmentation.
- Markus Schlee (Germany): Concepts for vertical augmentation.
8. Soft-tissue grafting to maintain peri-implant health, moderated by Alejandro García (Mexico):
- Mario Roccuzzo (Italy): Before implant placement.
- Sofia Aroca (France): During implant placement.
- Mariano Sanz (Spain): After implant placement.
9. Complication management after reconstructive surgery at natural teeth and dental implants, moderated by Alexandra Rendón (Mexico):
- France Lambert (Belgium): Complication management after reconstructive periodontal surgery.
- Giovanni Zucchelli: Complication management after plastic-aesthetic surgery.
- Alejandro García (Mexico): Management of implant complications in the aesthetic area.
- Markus Hürzeler: Management of soft-tissue complications at implants.
Summing up the programme, Alejandro García said that it “allows you to improve your own techniques and philosophies in the most challenging area of periodontal and implant therapy – the regeneration of hard and soft tissues.”
Booking is open for International Perio Master Clinic 2022. To ensure the optimal learning experience, numbers are limited, and registrations will be handled on a first come, first served basis.