This episode brings together two experts: Associate Professor Ali Çekici from the Periodontology Department of Istanbul University in Turkey and member of the EFP Scientific Affairs Committee, and Per-Anders Abrahamsson, Professor of Urologic Oncology at Lund University in Sweden.
Among many topics, the panel discusses:
1. Why is periodontal disease more prevalent in men? Do they have lower hygiene standards? Are there biological reasons?
2. Is there a correlation between gum health and prostate cancer?
3. How are testosterone levels linked to periodontal health?
4. Does mental health impact oral health?
5. What does research say on intensive sports, steroids, supplements and potential higher risk for oral health issues?