The EFP Distinguished Scientist Award is given in recognition of outstanding contributions to the understanding of the field of periodontology and the diagnosis and treatment of periodontal diseases through published literature and may have contributed to pre- or postdoctoral education and/or scientific conferences or symposia.
The recipient receives a pin and certificate of recognition.
- Has contributed to the basic science and/or clinical science of periodontology.
- Contributions must have been made over a period of 25 years or more.
- Has had scientific contributions published and may have presented at scientific conferences, symposia, continuing education courses or predoctoral/postdoctoral lectures.
- Nominees need not to be members of one of the national associations of periodontology of the EFP
- Members of the EFP nomination committee are not eligible
- Previous recipients and recipients of the EFP Eminence in Periodontology Award are not eligible.
Nominations and Selection Process
- Nominations from members of national associations are welcomed and should be submitted by 1 September, see Nomination and Selection Process below.
- The EFP award selection committee considers the nominations and submits up to three nominees with appropriate supporting material to the fall meeting of the Executive Committee of the EFP.
- The Executive Committee votes to select the recipient.
The award is presented at the meeting of the General Assembly of the EFP.
Nomination and Selection Process
The members of one of the national associations of periodontology of the EFP are encouraged to nominate colleagues for these prestigious awards.
- You must complete a nomination form. For each nomination, please complete either the Word or the PDF version of the form, which you may complete on your computer and then e-mail to the EFP.
- You, the nominator, must provide a general statement on the nominee's qualifications. A nominee's achievements must match the award criteria.
- EFP will notify award recipients.
- Nominations for the EFP Distinguished Scientist Award will be forwarded to the EFP nomination committee. The committee will review all nominations and submit recommendations to the Executive Committee of the EFP, which will select the recipients.
- Award recipients are announced following the fall meeting of the Executive Committee. The awards will be presented during the spring meeting of the General Assembly the following year.
- Award recipients will receive 2 days hotel accommodation and travelling costs. They are also invited to participate in the dinner following the meeting of the General Assembly.
- Award recipients are invited to attend EuroPerio meetings free of charge.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF NOMINATIONS (INCLUDING STATEMENT) IS SEPTEMBER 1st in order to be considered for that year's awards.
Download Nomination Form
How to submit
You may submit as many nominations as you like to:
Email: Login to see the email address