The Distinguished Service Award is presented to a member of one of the national associations of periodontology of the EFP selected for distinguished service to the EFP in more than one area over a period of not less than 15 years.
The recipient receives a pin and certificate of recognition.
- Nominees must have made significant contributions to the EFP in more than one area.
- Contributions must have been made over a period of 15 years or more.
- Services may include, but not limited to, pre-doctoral or post-doctoral education, committee activity, continuing education, and publication.
- Service in a leadership position in the EFP which includes the board, committees and working groups of the EFP
- Must be a member of one of the national associations of periodontology of the EFP.
- Members of the EFP nomination committee are not eligible.
- Previous recipients and recipients of the EFP Eminence in Periodontology Award are not eligible.
Nominations and Selection Process
- Nominations should have the official support of the national society. Submission deadline is 1st September, see 'Nomination and Selection Process' below.
- The EFP award selection committee submits up to three nominees with appropriate supporting material to the fall meeting of the Executive Committee of the EFP.
- The Executive Committee votes to select the recipient.
The award is presented at the meeting of the General Assembly of the EFP.
Nomination and Selection Process
The members of one of the national associations of periodontology of the EFP are encouraged to nominate colleagues for these prestigious awards.
- You must complete a nomination form. For each nomination, please complete either the Word or the PDF version of the form, which you may complete on your computer and then e-mail to the EFP.
- You, the nominator, must provide a general statement on the nominee's qualifications. A nominee's achievements must match the award criteria.
- EFP will notify award recipients.
- Nominations for the EFP Distinguished Service Award will be forwarded to the EFP nomination committee. The committee will review all nominations and submit recommendations to the Executive Committee of the EFP, which will select the recipients.
- Award recipients are announced following the fall meeting of the Executive Committee. The awards will be presented during the spring meeting of the General Assembly the following year.
- Award recipients will receive 2 days hotel accommodation and travelling costs. They are also invited to participate in the dinner following the meeting of the General Assembly.
- Award recipients are invited to attend EuroPerio meetings free of charge.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF NOMINATIONS (INCLUDING STATEMENT) IS SEPTEMBER 1st in order to be considered for that year's awards.
Download Nomination Form
How to submit
You may submit as many nominations as you like to:
Email: Login to see the email address