The Distinguished Service Award is given in recognition of significant service to the EFP in more than one area.
The Award consists of a pin, a plaquette, and certificate of recognition.
Criteria & Eligibility
- Members of an EFP Full Member National Society.
- Contributions of significance to the EFP in more than one area.
- Contributions must have been made over a period a substantial number of years.
- Contributions include service in a leadership position in the EFP, e.g.. in the Executive Committee, other committees, and/or special interest groups of the EFP.
- EFP Nomination committee members are not eligible during their term of service in the committee.
- Previous recipients of the EFP Eminence in Periodontology or the EFP Distinguished Scientist Awards are not eligible.
Nominations & Selection Process
- For each nomination, please complete either the Word or the PDF version of the form.
- For each nomination, please submit a motivation statement presenting the nominee´s qualifications and achievements, that must match the award criteria.
- The Nominating committee will review all nominations and submit up to three recommendations with appropriate supporting material to the Executive Committee of the EFP.
- Nominations should be submitted by e-mail to the EFP by September 1st .
- The EFP will contact the nominee´s National Society to confirm support.
- The Executive Committee votes to select the recipient.
Presentation & Benefits
- Award recipients are announced following the fall meeting of the Executive Committee.
- The awards are presented during the General Assembly the following year.
- Award recipients are invited to attend the Award Ceremony at the General Assembly.
- Award recipients are invited to attend EuroPerio meetings free of charge.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF NOMINATIONS (INCLUDING MOTIVATION STATEMENT) IS SEPTEMBER 1st in order to be considered for the current year's awards.