The Eminence in Periodontology Award is given in recognition of outstanding service to the EFP and contributions to the understanding of the field of periodontology and the diagnosis and treatment of periodontal diseases.
The Award consists of a pin, a plaquette and certificate of recognition.
Criteria & Eligibility
- Members of an EFP Full Member National Society.
- Contributions of significance to the EFP and to the field of periodontology in more than one area.
- Contributions must have been made over a period of substantial number of years.
- Contributions imply service in a leadership position in the EFP, e.g.. in the Executive Committee and/or other committees of the EFP and published work, presentations at scientific conferences, symposia, continuing education courses, and predoctoral/postdoctoral lectures.
- EFP Nomination committee members are not eligible during their term of service in the committee.
- Previous recipients of the EFP Distinguished Scientist or the EFP Distinguished Service Awards are not eligible.
Nominations & Selection Process
- For each nomination, please complete either the Word or the PDF version of the form.
- For each nomination, please submit a motivation statement presenting the nominee's qualifications and achievements, that must match the award criteria.
- The Nominating Committee and the Scientific Affairs Committee will review all nominations and submit up to three recommendations with appropriate supporting material to the Executive Committee of the EFP.
- Nominations should be submitted by e-mail to the EFP by September 1st .
- The EFP will contact the nominee´s National Society to confirm support.
- The Executive Committee votes to select the recipient.
Presentation & Benefits
- Award recipients are announced following the fall meeting of the Executive Committee.
- The awards are presented during the General Assembly the following year.
- Awards recipients are invited to attend the Award Ceremony at the General Assembly.
- Award recipients are invited to attend EuroPerio meetings free of charge.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF NOMINATIONS (INCLUDING MOTIVATION STATEMENT) IS SEPTEMBER 1st in order to be considered for the current year's awards.